CHARLES ELDERING, Ph.D.
Chairman & Founder
Charles has extensive experience in the electronics, telecommunications and optics industries as a researcher, engineer and inventor having close to 20 years of industrial experience before founding Technology, Patents & Licensing in 1998. Since founding TPL, he has focused on helping clients obtain and utilize patents by providing services that cover the combined technical, legal and business aspects of patents. Through Charles’s leadership, TPL has created a mining methodology and proprietary software that allows for rapid and cost-effective mining of patents. Using this methodology and software, TPL has assisted numerous companies in locating patents for acquisition and subsequent use in counter-offensive patent actions, cross-licensing and revenue generation.
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of California at Davis
- M.S., Solid State Science and Technology, Syracuse University
- B.S., Physics, Carnegie Mellon University
- From 2009 to 2011, Charles was named in Intellectual Asset Management’s IAM 250: The World’s Leading IP Strategists, and IAM 300 in 2012 and 2013.
- Registered Patent Agent
- Charles has more than 90 issued US patents.