TechPats is the world’s leading full service Intellectual Property consulting firm. We bring together patent expertise, technical excellence, and business acumen across a wide range of markets and technologies. We form strong partnerships with our clients, empowering them to grow their businesses, protect and profit from their intellectual property assets, and strategically position themselves for the future.
About the Role:
The ideal candidate has knowledge and experience in Wireless Protocols, Networks, Systems and Standards. This position is responsible for supporting the execution of technical projects in various Wireless Communication systems and technologies such as UMTS, WiFi, LTE etc. As a member of the technical team, you will be responsible for analyzing any and all types of wireless systems; making use of our analysis and testing capabilities for the purpose of supporting TechPats’ Intellectual Property services for its clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Related Field (required)
- Minimum of (2+) Years of Experience in Wireless Network Research and Engineering
- Experience in Wireless Protocols, Networks, Systems, and Standards with the Ability to Derive Operational Implications (Implementation, Interoperability, Performance, Security)
- Experience with One or More Wireless Communications Systems and Technologies such as UMTS, WiFi, LTE
- Demonstrated Hands-On Skills in a Wireless Lab Environment
- Familiarity with Testing and Measurement Techniques, as well as Commercial and Open-Source Testing Tools
- Evaluating New Technologies as Appropriate and Required
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication and Presentation Skills
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Advanced Degree (MSc or PhD preferred) in Wireless Telecommunications.
- Knowledge of Wireless Standards and Technologies (3GPP standards, IEEE802.11).
- Previous Patent Examining or Patent Searching Experience
- Ottawa, ON
To apply, please use our contact form or send your CV/résumé to: