Developing a Patent Defense Strategy
Patent Assertion Risk Assessment and Scoring of Potential Plaintiffs
Applying over 20 years of experience in supporting clients in patent licensing and litigation defense, TechPats has developed a methodology for assessing risk of patent assertion and a scoring system to identify the patent holders most likely to assert patents against an operating company.
Such information provides our clients with an important input to building a proactive patent defense strategy.
The scoring system is based on two main criteria assessed for each of the patent holders considered as being adversaries to the Client:
- Litigation Intensity in the Past 10 Years
- Accused Product(s) Type
- Accused Product(s) Standards
- Litigation Licensing Strategy and Tactics
- AssertionTargets and Types
Patent Position Score:
- Patents Relevant to Client’s Product(s) that were Litigated and Still in Force
- Patents Not Litigated but Relevant to Client’s Product(s)
- R&D Efforts likely to Produce New Inventions
- Acquisition of Patents
For more information on understanding your company’s risk to future assertions or in developing a Patent Defense Strategy, please contact: William O’Donnell at email@example.com